Roman (that is upright type) is the standard text typeface, but for various reasons italic type (that is slanted to the right) is adopted. This … Continue Reading Tips for writers: Using italics
Professional quality proofreading and language consultancy from Stephen York Editorial Services
If you are looking for a highly experienced editorial professional for quality proofreading, light editing, and language consulting services then look no further. I will help to root out the last remaining, potentially embarrassing and damaging, errors and inconsistencies in your documents and publications.
Having worked on over 2000 publications and documents in business, academic, and educational publishing media I can bring solutions to your editorial problems and quality assurance issues.
If you are struggling to get your message across clearly and concisely in your written communications and publications, engaging an editorial freelance like myself, who can bring a fresh and objective view, could be the answer.
Enquiries for proof correction are welcomed from from various client types. Please click on one of the following links for the type of service that you require:
Specialist proofreading subjects include:
- accounting and finance
- banking and investment
- business and marketing
- real estate and property management.
The importance of proofreading
Why proofread? Well, you only get one chance to impress a new client and it is so easy to alienate an existing client with an inaccurate or confusing document. Hiring a professional to check and correct your proofs can eliminate the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors. As a proofreader I can also offer advice over ambiguous or woolly wording. There are many advantages and benefits of proofreading.
Language consulting services
If your existing templates and documents need updating or modernizing then check my language consulting services.
Why choose Stephen York?
I can provide:
- a friendly, personal, and confidential service
- long experience in proofreading an extensive variety of documents and publications in a wide range of subjects
- a fresh and objective view of your document or publication
- a good work ethic, being prepared to go the extra mile to achieve excellence
- good communication links, with superfast fibre-optic broadband (70MB)
- up-to-date computer facilities using Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC 2015, and PerfectIt Pro by Intelligent Editing
- testimonials and feedback from satisfied recent clients (sample excerpt below).
Please download my brochure detailing my proofreading services for your future reference.
I regularly publish entertaining and informative blog articles on the English language, often with a humorous slant, from a proofreader’s point of view. Recent subjects have included tips for writers, acidic quotations from authors on other authors, marketing ideas for freelances, achieving the work–life balance, and much more. Why not pay a visit?