Professional quality proofreading and language consultancy from Stephen York Editorial Services
If you are looking for quality proofreading, light editing, and language consultancy services for business, academic, publishing, or educational media from an experienced, native British, editorial professional then look no further. I will help to root out the last remaining, potentially embarrassing and damaging, errors and inconsistencies in your documents and publications.
Specialist proofreading subjects include:
- accounting and finance
- banking and investment
- real estate and property management.
Enquiries for proof correction are welcomed from from various client types. Please click on one of the following links for the type of service that you require:
The importance of proofreading
Why proofread? Well, you only get one chance to impress a new client and it is so easy to alienate an existing client with an inaccurate or confusing document. Hiring a professional to check and correct your proofs can eliminate the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors and a proofreader can also offer advice over ambiguous or woolly wording. There are many advantages and benefits of proofreading.
For examples of how my proofreading services have helped clients please visit the case studies page.
Why choose Stephen York?
I can provide:
- a friendly, personal, and confidential service
- long experience in proofreading an extensive variety of documents and publications in a wide range of subjects
- a fresh and objective view of your document or publication
- a good work ethic, being prepared to go the extra mile to achieve excellence
- good communication links, with superfast fibre-optic broadband (70MB) and an extended capacity Dropbox to handle large files
- up-to-date computer facilities using Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC 2015, and PerfectIt Pro by Intelligent Editing
- testimonials and feedback from satisfied recent clients (sample excerpt below).
“When it comes to proofreading – the last line of defence for catching errors – publishers want a safe pair of hands, and Stephen York’s are the safest of all. …” (Testimonial from educational publishing client)
Please download my brochure detailing my proofreading services for your future reference.
I regularly publish entertaining and informative blog articles on the English language, often with a humorous slant, from a proofreader’s point of view. Recent subjects have included tips for writers, acidic quotations on other authors and life observations from Mark Twain, and the witticisms of Oscar Wilde.
Why not pay a visit?