Professional quality proofreading services from Stephen York Editorial Services, Leicester
Welcome. Can I help you?
If you are looking for professional proofreading services from a highly experienced editorial freelance then look no further. I offer quality proofreading and light editing, and will help to root out the last remaining, potentially embarrassing and damaging, errors and inconsistencies in your documents and publications.
I have worked on over 2000 publications and documents in business, academic, and educational publishing media and have the experience to bring solutions to your editorial problems and quality assurance issues.
If you are struggling to get your message across accurately, clearly, and concisely in your written communications and publications, engaging an editorial freelance like myself, who can offer a fresh and objective view, could be the solution. It will also free up time for you to concentrate on other tasks.
I no longer handle proofreading of paper copy, but I do offer an on-screen and online proofreading service, which is more environmentally friendly as it saves on ink, paper, postage, and other resources. It also means I can work from my office in Leicestershire for anyone, anywhere, on electronic files sent by email or FTP sites.
Specialist proofreading subjects
These are my main subject areas:
- accounting and finance
- banking and investment
- business, management, and marketing
- corporate real estate and property management
- education and child welfare
- theology and religion.
The importance of proofreading
Why is proofreading important in business? Well, you only get one chance to impress a new client or subscriber and it is so easy to alienate an existing one with an inaccurate or confusing document.
Be safe, hire a professional proofreader
- If you have drafted the document you will often read what you expect to see when checking it back rather than seeing the errors that are there.
- Hiring a professional proofreader to check and correct your proofs can eliminate the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors.
- As a proofreader I can also alert you to the use of clichéd writing and any inconsistencies, such as language style, layout, formatting, and how facts and data are presented. An independent reviewer can spot other consistency issues, such as variant spelling and capitalization that you might not have spotted.
- I can also test the hyperlinks in your document to ensure they are functioning.
- As a proofreader I can also recommend better and more efficient ways for you to express yourself and communicate your message, while avoiding jargon, clichés, and sexist terms that can make writing seem tired.
Benefits and advantages of proofreading
There are further advantages and benefits of proofreading. These include making the document the best it can be, which can also make you a better writer.
I regularly publish entertaining and informative blog articles on the English language, from a proofreader’s point of view. Recent subjects have included tips for writers, acidic quotations from authors on other authors, marketing ideas for freelances, achieving the work–life balance, and much more. Why not pay a visit?