Professional quality proofreading and language consulting services from Stephen York Editorial Services, Leicester
If you are looking for professional proofreading services from a highly experienced editorial freelance then look no further. I offer quality proofreading, light editing, and language consulting services and will help to root out the last remaining, potentially embarrassing and damaging, errors and inconsistencies in your documents and publications.
I have worked on over 2000 publications and documents in business, academic, and educational publishing media and have the experience to bring solutions to your editorial problems and quality assurance issues.
If you are struggling to get your message across accurately, clearly, and concisely in your written communications and publications, engaging an editorial freelance like myself, who can offer a fresh and objective view, could be the solution. It will also free up time for you to concentrate on other tasks.
I offer an online proofreading service from my office near Leicester and welcome enquiries for proof correction from various client types. Please click on one of the following links for the type of service that you require:
Specialist proofreading subjects
These are my main subject areas:
- accounting and finance
- banking and investment
- business, management, and marketing
- corporate real estate and property management
- education and child welfare
- theology and religion.
The importance of proofreading
Why is proofreading important in business? Well, you only get one chance to impress a new client or subscriber and it is so easy to alienate an existing one with an inaccurate or confusing document.
Be safe, hire a professional proofreader
- If you have drafted the document you will often read what you expect to see when checking it back rather than seeing the errors that are there.
- Hiring a professional proofreader to check and correct your proofs can eliminate the spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors.
- An independent reviewer can spot consistency issues that you might not have spotted on your own.
- A proofreader can also recommend better and more efficient ways for you to express yourself and communicate your message.
Benefits and advantages of proofreading
There are further advantages and benefits of proofreading. These include making the document the best it can be, which can also make you a better writer.
Language consulting services
If your existing templates and documents need updating or modernizing then check my language consulting services.
I regularly publish entertaining and informative blog articles on the English language, from a proofreader’s point of view. Recent subjects have included tips for writers, acidic quotations from authors on other authors, marketing ideas for freelances, achieving the work–life balance, and much more. Why not pay a visit?