I have 30 years’ experience of proofreading on a freelance basis for a variety of publishers, companies, authors, and students on over 2,500 documents and publications – that’s millions of words!
View my CV on the following link:
What services do I offer?
Rather than reading paper copy, I offer on-screen and online editorial services that include
- proofreading with light editing
- rewriting and condensing.
Working on screen is more environmentally friendly as it saves on ink, paper, postage, and other resources. I proofread a wide variety of media in numerous subject areas, some of which are specialty subjects. If you are unsure about the proofreading process then find out here: Marking up the editorial corrections. This will also apply to other editorial services that I carry out.
Where am I?
I can work from my office in Leicestershire, UK for anyone, anywhere, on electronic files sent by email or FTP sites.
Who am I?
For over 30 years I have been offering on-screen / digital editorial proofreading services (comprising proofreading and collation, paraphrasing and rewriting) from an office near Leicester, in the UK to the book and journal publishing industry, commercial companies, design and advertising agencies, educational institutions and students. In that time I have proofread over 2500 books, journal issues, and business documents in a wide range of subject areas.
Affiliations: I am an Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders (CIEP).
I am also a keen gardener.
Legal status: Sole trader.
Tax status: Freelance self-employed registered with HMRC (so no unexpected employment expenses for you to pay).
What personally can I offer you?
Regardless of whether I am proofreading or rewriting for academics, authors, businesses, publishers, not-for-profit organizations, or students, I can provide:
- friendly, personal, and confidential proofreading and writing services
- over 30 years’ experience as a British-native proofreader having proofread an extensive variety of documents and publications in a wide range of subjects
- a fresh and objective review in proofreading or revising your document
- up-to-date computer facilities using Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, and PerfectIt Pro by Intelligent Editing
- testimonials and feedback from satisfied recent clients – see the Testimonials page on this site or the testimonial extract below
- flexible methods of payment.