Proofreading for businesses, organizations, clubs, and charities to individual requirements
Why the need for proofreading for businesses, charities etc.?
Because whether it’s
- an urgent press release to announce some happy news
- a business plan you are preparing for the bank or new investors
- an email campaign or newsletter
- a marketing report
- a PowerPoint presentation for marketing purposes
there’s always a need for a proofreader to cast their fresh and objective eyes over your documents to make sure there are no typos or inconsistencies that have been missed in the endless rounds of redrafting. The more ‘fingers in the pie’ the greater the scope for errors.
What services can I offer?
Proofreading services are offered to businesses of all sizes, organizations, non-profits, agencies, charities, clubs, and societies, as well as jobseekers. Proofreading and other services are carried out as digital mark-up on screen and include:
- proofreading blind or cold (that is, without edited author copy)
- checking to house stylesheet / writing style
- checking for consistency of tone
- harmonizing style and formatting of documents that have been compiled from contributions from several personnel or sources
- further editorial services:
- rewriting and condensing
- compiling and advising on a house stylesheet / writing guide that will help you achieve consistency of language style and message.
Please see the Media handled section below.
Special proofreading rates for charities
Proofreading for employees / jobseekers
- application forms
- covering letters
- CVs / résumés
- LinkedIn profiles and profiles for other social media.
See the Resources page for suggested sites with advice on compiling CVs.
I can offer proofreading and other editorial services for a range of media:
- Annual accounts and reports
- Bids, proposals, and tenders
- Books and handbooks
- Business documents (such as agreements, contracts, and terms and conditions, business plans)
- Case studies
- Club rules
- Company formation documents, such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, mission statement and business plan
- Corporate literature
- Distance learning modules, such as for SmartScreen
- Educational materials, such as course notes and study guides
- Financial reports
- Investment reports
- Journals – academic and vocational
- Marketing literature, including brochures, case studies, and flyers
- Mission statements
- Newsletters, for example for society members, company employees or customers
- PowerPoint presentations
- Press releases
- Rules and regulations for clubs and societies
- Social media posts and profiles, especially LinkedIn
- Textbooks and teacher / lecturer resource manuals
- Travel guides
- Website material (in PDF or Word format, not live sites).
Larger businesses: will probably run a purchase ledger system that settles client invoices by BACS transfers that should be paid within 30 days of invoice.
Smaller businesses and individuals: at terms to be agreed but a deposit will usually be payable in advance for new clients. Payments accepted by credit or debit card.
Please refer to my Terms and Conditions page.
Contact me now with your requirements.