Proofreading for businesses, organizations, and charities
Why the need for proofreading for businesses? Because whether it’s an urgent press release to announce some happy news, or a business plan you are preparing for the bank or new investors, or an email campaign, newsletter, or PowerPoint presentation for marketing purposes, there’s always a need for a proofreader to cast their fresh and objective eyes over your documents to make sure there are no typos or inconsistencies that have been missed in the endless rounds of redrafting. The more ‘fingers in the pie’ the greater the scope for errors.
Proofreading services are offered to businesses of all sizes, organizations, non-profits, agencies, charities, clubs, and societies, as well as jobseekers. Proofreading and other services are carried out as digital mark-up on screen and include:
- proofreading blind or cold (that is, without edited author copy)
- checking to house writing style or providing advice on updating or establishing a house style
- checking for consistency of tone
- harmonizing style and formatting of documents that have been compiled from contributions from several personnel or sources
- further editorial services: paraphrasing, rewriting, and condensing.
Suggested applications of proofreading for businesses
The following are just a few proofreading applications:
Proofreading for employees / jobseekers
- application forms
- covering letters
- CVs / résumés
- LinkedIn profiles and profiles for other social media.
See the News and resources page for suggested sites with advice on compiling CVs.
Proofreading for business management and owners
- business formation documents and forms
- corporate literature
- external and internal communications, including letters
- marketing literature, such as advertising and brochures
- PowerPoint presentations
- website material.
See the Media handled section below for more details.
How proof corrections are marked up
With MS Word documents the Track Changes tool will be used to record my corrections, comments, and queries. With PDFs I will use Adobe Acrobat’s editing tools of insert, delete, and comment / query.
Media handled in more detail
I can offer proofreading and other editorial services for a range of media:
- Annual accounts and reports
- Bids, proposals, and tenders
- Books and handbooks
- Business documents (such as agreements, contracts, and terms and conditions, business plans)
- Case studies
- Company formation documents, such as Memorandum and Articles of Association, mission statement and business plan
- Corporate literature
- Distance learning modules, such as for SmartScreen
- Educational materials, such as course notes and study guides
- Financial reports
- Investment reports
- Journals – academic and vocational
- Marketing literature, including brochures, case studies, and flyers
- Mission statements
- Newsletters, for example for society members, company employees or customers
- PowerPoint presentations
- Press releases
- Rules and regulations for clubs and societies
- Social media posts and profiles, especially LinkedIn
- Textbooks and teacher / lecturer resource manuals
- Travel guides
- Website material (in PDF or Word format, not live sites).
Full payment should be made
- within 30 days of the date of my invoice for established / repeat clients
- before release of document for new clients.
Larger businesses will probably run a purchase ledger system that settles client invoices by BACS transfers. But for smaller businesses and individuals there are other options for method of payment.
Please refer to my Terms and Conditions page.
Contact me now with your requirements.