Please also see the main page Proofreading for students for an outline of my services and details of my discounted rate for students.
An example of what a university will allow is given below from Glasgow University:
Please allow plenty of time when sending documents for proofreading. A thorough, high-quality job requires sufficient time. For instance, 80,000 words cannot be properly proofread in a couple of days.
A non-refundable booking fee / deposit of 50% of the estimated total proofreading fee will be paid to me using my PayPal account (you do NOT need your own account) to reserve the time in my schedule. The balance to be advised needs to be settled before the completed work is released. See the Terms and Conditions page for details. For methods of payment see Payment page.
Remember I offer a discount of 25% to students, which will automatically have been deducted from estimates and quotes!
2. If proofreading terms agreed, make payment of booking fee (non-refundable).
Please also refer to my Terms and conditions of business before booking and paying a deposit.
3. Submit the completed document to me in Microsoft Word docx format by email on the agreed date, or earlier if you are able to. I will not start work until I have the completed document and have received the deposit. Please do not forget to ensure:
4. When advised make payment of final balance and receive proofread document back.
5. Check and approve my changes and queries to document with Track changes.
6. Recheck the word count of your document to ensure it falls within the required limit and edit accordingly.