For over 20 years I have been offering on-screen / digital editorial proofreading services (comprising proofreading, collation, and light editing) from an office in Wigston, near Leicester, in the UK to the book and journal publishing industry, commercial companies, design and advertising agencies, educational institutions, and authors. In that time I have proofread over 1900 books, journal issues, and business documents in a wide range of subject areas.
Before becoming a freelance proofreader I had employment experience in
- retail banking
- investment management and residential mortgage lending for a building society
- estate management (rents, rating, insurance, acquisitions and disposals, etc.) for a national brewer’s tied estate (pubs and off-licences, as well as land and unlicensed residential properties)
- investment management (loans, mortgages, and sales agreements) for the same national brewery in the free trade sector covering pubs, clubs, and restaurants.
“The author for this title is very demanding. Stephen has done a great job coordinating with her and delivering the collated files ahead of the schedule. Job well done!” (Testimonial from academic publishing client)
- Institute of Bankers AIB exams
- Diploma in Bookkeeping, basic level, with distinction
- Registered Proofreader with SfEP
I am an Advanced Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders, and follow the SfEP’s Code of Practice. This means that you can rely on me to behave in a professional manner and to adhere to the high standards you would expect from a professional proofreader.