Services offered to educational institutions and students
I offer on-screen proofreading services for schools, colleges, universities, academics, and students for
- academic papers
- course notes
- dissertations, theses, proposals, assignments, and essays,
- distance / online learning modules
- PowerPoint presentations
- website material.
I have several years’ experience in proofreading the above media for
- Cengage Learning: books, textbooks, and management education and career development books
- City & Guilds Institute, London: vocational learning modules
- Edinburgh Business School: course notes
- HarperCollins publishers: textbooks
- National Children’s Bureau: books, reports, and teacher resources
- Oxford University Press: academic books
- Pearson Education: academic books, textbooks, and management education and career development books
- UCL Institute of Education Press: books, reports, and journals on education
- UCL Press: books and journals on education and cultural studies
- University of Leicester School of Business (formerly School of Management): online distance learning modules / course material.
“I’ve engaged Stephen as a proofreader on a multitude of projects over the years. He has worked on higher education and further education textbooks as well as online resources for me, and has always delivered on time to a very high standard. He pays meticulous attention to detail and raises valid author and editorial queries where necessary. … “
(Testimonial from educational publishing client)
The media I have handled relate to all stages of education and learning, from primary school right through to further education, vocational training, and management career development.
Extent of proofreading service for students
I am always happy to help students with their dissertations, essays, proposals, and theses, especially if English is not their first language. The extent of any proofreading I carry out will often be regulated by your university’s proofreading guidance and rules.
Please ensure you have your supervisor’s permission to use a professional proofreader – some universities do not allow this or have very strict rules. If you are in doubt, it would be helpful if you provided me with a link to your university’s rules or guidance for proofreading so that I know what I am allowed to do.
However, if your educational institution has no such restrictions or lesser ones, please advise as the help I can offer will be more extensive.
Students: Please see dedicated subpage Proofreading service for students checklist for further details of the service offered to you, timing, and payment arrangements.